Sunday, February 14, 2010

Slacker

Where oh where do I start…. Apparently I just don’t enjoy writing blogs – a few weeks after my last blog which I am pretty embarrassed to say was around 8 months ago now, I signed up to a twitter account and am really loving it – so if you really do want to follow my day to day thoughts etc then please just follow me on twitter, cause who knows when my next blog will be!

2009 was such an amazing year, in the past couple of months I have had a lot of time to reflect on the year in it’s entirety and I am honestly quite amazed at how well everything came together.. I mean 8 races 6 wins and 2 2nds – wow, still can’t believe it! I think I have to put it all down to great planning, my coach and I sat down at the end of 2008 and went through all the positives and negatives of that year and how we were going to plan our attack on the 2009 season with Kona being the main focus of the year. I guess the plan worked. Now I can only hope that 2010 brings with it some more good times – I can hardly wait to dive back into another big season of racing.

At the moment I am training in Noosa Australia, after 2 months in Brisbane hangin out with my family I figured it was time to head up here for some company with some of the worlds best. So far it’s been an absolute blast – I am living with Justin and Belinda Granger in their beautiful new house, and there are a bunch of other pro triathletes I can hook up with for training which always make those offseason miles so much more enjoyable. I am here for another 2 weeks before I head back to California to meet up with coach Siri and her training group. My first race back will be Oceanside 70.3 on the 27th of March. It feels like forever since my last race, the past couple of years I have finished my year in Phuket Thailand in early December, but after Kona I decided to have my break and enjoy a longer offseason, which means it will be over 5 months by the time Oceanside rolls around, I hope I don’t screw anything up – if I do something silly, like forget my shoes or helmet or how to mount my bike then you know why
J.

No comments: